Following is a list of recent patents MDL scientists and technologists have been involved in during 2014:
- C. Jung-Kubiak, T. Reck, B. Thomas, R. H. Lin, A. Peralta, J. J. Gill, C.Lee, J.V. Siles, R. Toda, G. Chattopadhyay, K. B. Cooper, and I. Mehdi, "Silicon Alignment Pins: An Easy Way To Realize A Wafer-To-Wafer Alignment," U.S. Patent Serial No. 13/871,830 for May 2014.
- G. Chattopadhyay, I. Mehdi, C. Lee, J. J. Gill, C. Jung- Kubiak, and N. Llombart, "Microfabrication Technique of Silicon Microlens Array for Terahertz Applications," U.S. Patent Serial No. 13/869, 292 May 2014.
- C. Jung-Kubiak, T. Reck, G. Chattopadhyay, J. V. Siles Perez, R. H. Lin, I. Mehdi, C. Lee, K. B. Cooper, and A. Peralta, "Multi-Step Deep Reactive Ion Etching Fabri- cation Process for Silicon-Based Terahertz Components," Provisional Patent Serial No 61/812,097, April 2014.
- D. Z. Ting, C. J. Hill, A. Soibel, S. V. Bandara, and S. D. Gunapala, "High Operating Temperature Barrier Infrared Detector with Tailorable Cutoff Wavelength," U.S. Patent No. 8,928,036 B2, January 6, 2015.
- David Z. Ting, Sarath D. Gunapala, Alexander Soibel, Jean Nguyen, and Arezou Khoshakhlagh, "Single-Band and Dual-Band Infrared Detector," U.S. Patent No. 8,928,029 B2, January 6, 2015.
- R. Toda, M. J. Bronikowski, E. M. Luong, and H. Manohara, "Method for Manufacturing a Carbon Nanotube Field Emission Device with Overhanging Gate," U.S. Patent No. 8,916,394, Issue Date: 12/23/2014.
- H. Manohara and M. Mojarradi, "Microscale Digital Vacuum Electronic Gates," U.S. Patent No. 8,796,932, Issue Date: 08/05/2014.
- C. Frez, C. Borgentun, R. M. Briggs, M. Bagheri, and S. Forouhar, "Fabrication of Single-Mode, Distributed Feedback Interband Cascade Lasers using Second-Order Lateral Bragg Gratings," NPO-49559.
- P. M. Echternach, C. M. Bradford, P. K. Day, K. J. Stone, and B. J. Pepper, "Capacitively Coupled Quantum Capacitance Detector," NTR # 49779.
- H. F. Greer, A. M. Fisher, P.A. Willis, H. Jiao, A. M. Stockton, M. F. Mora, and M. L. Cable, "Chemical Laptop," U.S. Patent serial No. 62/134,946 for March 2015.