Following is a list of recent patents MDL scientists and technologists have been involved in during 2012:
- H. M. Manohara, A. Liao, Y. Bae, and H. K. Shahinian, "Endoscope and System and Method of Operation Thereof," December 4, 2012, US 8323182.
- P. A. Willis, H. Jiao, F. Greer, A. M. Fisher, M. F. Mora, A. M. Stockton, and M. L. Cable, "The Chemical Laptop," U.S. Provisional Patent filed September 24, 2012, CIT-5905-P.
- C. Frez, R. M. Briggs, S. Forouhar, and C. Borgentun of Caltech; and J. Gupta of the National Research Council, Canada, "High-Power, Single-Mode, 2.65-µm, InGaAsSb/AlInGaAsSb Diode Lasers," CIT patent filed.
- D. Ting, A. Khoshakhlagh, A. Soibel, C. Hill, and S. Gunapala "Barrier Infrared Detectors," U.S. Patent No. US 8,217,480 B2, July 10, 2012.
- M. Hoenk, "Surface Passivation by Quantum Exclusion Using Multiple Layers," U.S. Patent No. 8,395,243, issued March 12, 2013.
- S. Nikzad, M. Hoenk, and C. Martin. "Advanced Low Voltage Safe Low Light Level Imager and Detector," patent issued.
- K. B. Cooper, R. J. Dengler, P. H. Siegel, G. Chattopadhyay, J. S. Ward, N. Llombart, T. E. Bryllert, I. Mehdi, and J. A. Tarsala, "Multi-Pixel High-Resolution Three-Dimensional Imaging Radar," U.S. Patent No. US 8,144,052 B2.
- M. M. Mojarradi, G. Chattopadhyay, H. Manohara, and H. Mojarradi, "Integrated Ultra Thin Scalable 94 GHz SI Power Source," U.S. Patent No. US 8,193,995 B2.